Friday, March 23, 2012

Cocktail Friday

It's that time again and I could really use a drink!!  It seems like the week is so long and then the weekend is over before we know it!  This weekend will be filled with furniture shopping for us.  We found out our closing date this week... APRIL 27th!!!  I have just a little over a month to get everything done I already feel so overwhelmed!  So to give you guys that don't know me a little background me and the hubs are building our first house together!!  We have lived in an apartment for almost five years now and have out grown it about 4 1/2 years ago!  I can't wait to have four count them four walk in closets and a beautiful kitchen to cook in!!  I'm beyond excited if you can't tell.  Now on to our cocktail of the week! ;)

I'm a big wino!  I love wine tastings.  Saturdays in the spring and summer are my favorites when me and hubby get in the car and drive to a few different vineyards.  We are blessed to live in the beautiful state of North Carolina.  North Carolina is one of the top producing wine states in the country!  We have the beautiful Yadkin valley wine trail that has numerous vineyards scattered along the way.  During the warmer months I like wine that is more fruity and light tasting then a robust red.  Riesling, Moscato, and a stainless steel Chardonnay are my go to whites.  Warmer weather also means bikini season will be here soon so I have to watch what I'm eating and drinking.  Alcohol can really add the calories on!!  Wine spritzers are the perfect solution.  You get your glass of wine but with half the calories! 

I'm a big fan of almost all wine spritzers.  Today I decided to make a raspberry lime Moscato spritzer!  Since raspberries were on sale at Harris Teeter and all. :) 





Yum!  I absolutely love the colors of this spritzer and how it's bubbly!!! 


Raspberry Lime Moscato Wine Spritzer

Ingredients:

4-5 raspberries
2 slices of fresh lime
1/2 cup Moscato
1/2 cup Sprite Zero
Ice

Directions:

Lightly muddle 4 of the raspberries in bottom of glass.  Just enough to break the raspberries up. 
Add ice and pour wine over top
Top with Sprite and a lime slice
Garnish with the left over raspberry and lime slice.
Enjoy!



Happy Friday Yall!!!  Until next time :)

xoxoxo
Beth





















2 comments: